Hi Skyline soccer players/parents,
August is here and it is time to prepare for the 2016 Skyline soccer season.
All players need to register:
ATHLETIC REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2016-2017. SPORTS REGISTRATION STARTED ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10th, 2016! TRY TO GET YOUR PAPERWORK IN BY THIS FRIDAY, AUGUST 12TH. REGISTRATION CLOSES ON AUGUST 19TH AT NOON.
NEW Process for Sports Registration:
There is a NEW athletic registration process for the 2016-17 school year. The process requires you to register online AND submit several forms in person to the Bookkeeper and Athletic Secretary. After successfully completing both steps, the Athletic Secretary will issue Final Clearance.
Step 1: Getting Eligible: THIS IS A NEW PROCESS!!!
Online registration is available on the District’s High School Sports webpage (https://t.e2ma.net/click/vwifyb/fgzo2c/vsf6xo). You can visit this webpage NOW for important information regarding the NEW registration process, for sports participation information, and to download the 2016-17 Sports Physical form. (Please get your sports physical appt. ASAP if you haven’t already!)
Players should submit Forms IN PERSON at Skyline High School – 8am -12pm
Beginning August 10, bring the required forms (outlined during online process) to Skyline High School. In order to receive Final Clearance, you must FIRST see the Bookkeeper, and SECOND present forms to the Athletic Secretary. If all requirements are met, the Athletic Secretary will issue Final Clearance. Final Clearance in person is REQUIRED in order to attend tryouts or practice. Old prior years paper copied packets will NOT be accepted!
**IMPORTANT** DO NOT MAIL OR FAX FORMS – FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON
Sports Physicals: For incoming freshmen, the physical must be dated June 1, 2016 or later. For all athletes, District policy states that sports physicals are good for one calendar year only and cannot expire before the end of post-season events for the season in which you are participating.
*ONLY SIGNED ORIGINAL SPORTS PHYSICALS WILL BE ACCEPTED*
(We recommend you make copies & retain for your records)
The Athletic Offices will be CLOSED on Monday, August 22nd– First day of Sports!
ACCESS TO FALL SPORTS OFFERED, ACTUAL START DATES & GAME SCHEDULES
Women’s Varsity Soccer Schedule: http://www.kingcoathletics.com/index.php?league=7&page_name=team_schedule&pid=0.7.70.11.321&school=70&sport=11 – Subject to change!
Women’s Junior Varsity Soccer Schedule: http://www.kingcoathletics.com/index.php?league=7&page_name=team_schedule&pid=0.7.70.11.321&school=70&sid=5115&sport=11 – Subject to change!
Women’s Junior Varsity C Schedule will be available in September (games are likely Monday and Wednesday afternoons and evenings).
- Stay in touch: Communication options
- Please go to: https://skylinewomenssoccer.wordpress.com/and in the bottom right hand corner click on “FOLLOW” and input your email address, that way you will be notified whenever a new announcement has been posted.
- Players: Coach Braman uses a “remind me” texting program –please text @2016sky to 81010 to receive updates.
- Public Twitter: Follow @SkylineWSoccer
- Players have their own private twitter group: @SkylineSoccerW
- This outlook email address will serve as the preseason & then Varsity manager’s email address. JV and JVC will have their own managers/email addresses, once teams are formed.
- Coaches’ contact information will be provided for players to reach out to the coaches after tryouts if necessary.
- Be ready day 1: Tryout Schedule The full tryout schedule will be communicated to players in more detail on the day of tryouts, but here is a summary of the days/times. If you have questions about tryouts or how teams are selected, try reading the following link about Frequently Asked Questions.
Day 1: Early Sessions Monday, Aug. 22nd
- 9-11am ALL returning players from all 3 teams (2015: Var, JV & JVC) and any Juniors or Seniors new to our program
- 11:30-1:30pm – All Freshman & all Sophomores who didn’t play for Skyline last season.
At the end of the Monday early sessions, we will inform players if they are to turn out for the 3pm session.
- 3-5pm –Varsity pool only (this group will be around 30 players)
Day 2: Tuesday, Aug. 23rd
- 9-11 – Varsity pool
- 11:30-1:30 – JV & JV-C pools
Any reduction in the Varsity Pool will either be communicated to the players at the conclusion of the 9-11am session or posted here on the blog.
Day 3: Wednesday, Aug 24th –
- 3-5pm – Varsity pool on community fields
- 4:30-6:30 – JV & JV-C pools
- Team rosters will be posted on the blog by 8pm
Thursday, August 25th – Varsity Training 3-5pm; JV & JVC times tba
Friday, August 26th – Varsity Training 1:30-3pm after the Junior Spartan Camp (see below)
- Be part of our Soccer Fundraiser: Junior Spartan Camp – Friday, August, 26th 11am – 1pm
Attend the last team Kick-around on Wednesday 8/17 from 10-12pm.
- And the last Chiles’ sessions:
- Tomorrow, 8/11
- Tuesday, 8/16
- Thursday, 8/18
- All Chiles’ Sessions are from 11-12:30 at Skyline (meet in the weight room).